Saturday, February 10, 2007

It snowed A LOT on thursday
And the worst part was that i was going to kent (out of london) so the trains were delayed and it was super cold i thought my fingers and toes were going to drop off!
On the train on the way there was really beautiful :) The countryside unlike london has not many buildings so its just like rolling hills of total white. Lots of people were out building snowmans, snowboarding down the hills and toboganning. I didn't take any pictures because my hands were just too frozen to move
Had to then walk for half an hour from the train station to the old lady's house to interview here. It was so not funny walking in snow and with snow falling down furiuosly. It gets into your ears too basically it makes your feet, fingers and ear very very painful!! And my poor boots :/
Anyway the old lady was really nice and then at the end she was like thankyou for chosing medicine. Nowadays everyone just wants to get rich but doctors really work with people, help people make their lives here better. The world can do without many occupations people won't die but without doctors, paramedics and nurses, people will die. Thank you for chosing to sacrifice your life to help others :) Haha when she said that i felt so happy cause if you know we well, you will know that i absolutely HATE making decisions. But i've come to realise that, the only deicision i have made and stuck by since i was young, was the best decision of my life :)

All I once held dear, built my life upon
All this world reveres, and wars to own
All I once thought gain I have counted loss
Spent and worthless now, compared to this

Knowing you, Jesus
Knowing you, there is no greater thing
You're my all, you're the best
You're my joy, my righteousness
And I love you, Lord

Now my heart's desire is to know you more
To be found in you and known as yours
To possess by faith what I could not earn
All-surpassing gift of righteousness

Oh, to know the power of your risen life
And to know You in Your sufferings
To become like you in your death, my Lord
So with you to live and never die

Sang that at OCF yesterday and had bible study about that
It's really true
Really struck me how easily we get caught up with the world and everything
Then when you take a step back and just put everything into God's hands
That's the only place that you're going to find peace in this world :)

I am on a one week break! :)
Going to brighton to tuesday. Any ideas of what there is to do there?
Going to dublin in easter :)
I am going to make it a point to actually cook this week
I have been so lazy this term i just dump things in the oven

No comments: